Student Health information

Health Services Information

Student Health & Emergency Information

To ensure the safety and well-being of your child, please be sure that you complete the health emergency form sent home each summer and contact the school as soon as possible when information changes. This information is kept confidential. When a potentially life-threatening condition exists, pertinent information will only be shared on a need-to-know basis with staff working directly with your child, as part of a health emergency plan. Emergency information will also be shared with emergency responders, such as paramedics.

School Nurse

Saint Paul Conservatory for Performing Artists contracts with an outside agency for nursing services. The nurse is on site for half a day once a week and can be contacted, if needed, through the school office.


If your student becomes ill or injured during the school day, the student will be referred to the school office. Parents will be notified if their student is unable to remain at school or emergency services are needed. It is the Conservatory’s policy that if a student is not well enough to attend class, the student must go home and a parent or guardian will be contacted. It is expected that parents/guardians will attend to their student’s illness or injury in a reasonably timely fashion.

Communicable Diseases

Please contact the school if your child develops symptoms of a communicable disease (sore throat, rash, flu symptoms, etc.). We will need to take precautions to minimize the exposure of other students to illness. Students should not come to school if they have had bouts of vomiting, diarrhea, or a fever over 100 degrees due to illness in the last 24 hours. If your child has had strep throat, they must complete 24 hours of antibiotic treatment before returning to school.


Click the following for additional information.


Email us:

Administration of Medications and Treatments

Students must have a completed medication order signed by a licensed practitioner (MD, CNP, DO or DDS – we cannot accept orders from chiropractors) and written permission from parents in order to receive medication during the school day. Please download and complete the form above, then submit it to the school office to have on file for each medication your student takes. In some cases Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen may be given per standing order, by mutual consent of the Licensed School Nurse and the parent. All medications must be in the original container. Students may carry asthma inhalers with written parent permission, after demonstrating proper use to the Licensed School Nurse. Complete medical orders and written parent permission is required for all prescribed treatments such as blood glucose testing and nebulizer treatments. The Licensed School Nurse has primary responsibility for administering this policy, with the assistance of teachers and staff. Herbal preparations and over-the-counter medications will not be given without a medication order. Only the Licensed School Nurse (or staff designated by the Licensed School Nurse) may legally dispense medication or supervise treatments. The Licensed School Nurse may delegate these responsibilities to trained staff. No medications or treatments may be done without informing the nurse. Physician orders or management protocols are requested for chronic illnesses, such as asthma or diabetes, to help ensure consistent care between home and school. Please consult the nurse if you need more information or to plan for your child’s health needs at school.


Minnesota state law requires students enrolled in Minnesota schools to be immunized against certain diseases by the first day of school. In most cases your student’s immunization records will be transferred from his/her previous school. If our records show that your student does not have immunization records on file or the records are incomplete, you will be asked to provide evidence that your student has been properly immunized.

If you do not intend to immunize your child due to conscientious objection, a notarized vaccination waiver must be sent. Please obtain a written Physician’s note for any medically deferred or waived vaccinations. Students who are uninsured may receive immunizations from their local health department.

You may contact your health care provider and ask them to send immunization records to the school. A release of information form is not require for records limited to immunization status. Immunizations may be mailed to the school or faxed to 651-290-9000.

Failure to provide the requested information will result in our inability to allow your student to attend the Conservatory until documentation is received that your student has received the required immunizations or proof of a waiver.