Out-of-State Residency & Tuition

Saint Paul Conservatory for Performing Artists is a tuition-free public high school for residents of the State of Minnesota. Students residing in another state are welcome, but would be required to pay annual tuition.

Under Minnesota Statutes 120A.22, subd. 3, the school has the right to determine if the student meets the residency requirements. If the school determines that the student does not qualify as a Minnesota resident, the student would not be eligible to generate state aid and the school may charge tuition. SPCPA reserves the right to verify residency at any time.

Generally, students are considered residents of where they reside with their parent/legal guardian, except in such instances where students are placed in a foster home or foster facility. A student may reside with a person other than their parent or legal guardian. The parent may have provided a notarized statement giving the adult with which the student is living power of attorney, but unless the courts made the placement, the notarized statement only gives the non-parent adult access to the student’s educational records. The notarized statement does not constitute residency for purposes of a public education.

Tuition fees are billed in quarterly installments with the first payment being due prior to the start of the school year.

For information on the current tuition rate and questions regarding residency, please contact Ms. Susan Reiling, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent at info@spcpa.org or 651-290-2225.